Fish and chips are a British staple and a classic comfort food, and you can make your own homemade version in 10 minutes.
There is nothing better than crispy fried fish and salty chips for a hearty meal, and is a perfect meal to make for a satisfying yet indulgent meal.
While it may seem daunting to try and make at home for the first time, homemade fish and chips are not only tasty but are very simple to cook as it only takes around 10 minutes according to legendary chef Gordon Ramsay.
Gordon developed this recipe in 2020 during the pandemic as a quick yet fun meal to eat, as he explained it is “simple and easy to do at home.”
In a video online, Gordon described this dish as an “household staple” and said it was a “an amazing dinner in just 10 minutes.”
How to make Gordon Ramsay’s 10-minute fish and chips:
Ingredients (Serves one):
For the fish:
- 120g of self-rising flour (plus extra for coating)
- 175g of white fish (such as cod)
- 160ml of light beer or larger
- One medium egg
- One teaspoon of curry powder
- One teaspoon of baking power
For the chips:
- One large potato
For the tartar sauce:
- 200g of mayonnaise
- 50g of creme fraiche
- One tablespoon of chopped gherkins
- Diced shallots
- One tablespoon of lemon juice
- Hot sauce (optional)
- Large frying pan
- Mixing bowl
- Kitchen paper towel
To make the fish:
- To begin, place some oil in a pan and place on medium-high heat. Let the oil heat in the pan.
- To make your fish batter, whisk together your flour, baking soda, curry powder and beer in a mixing bowl. Whisk in your eggs and fold them carefully into your batter. If the batter appears too heavy then add water.
- Season your fish with salt and coat in some flour. Shake off any excess flour and then coat in your battered mixture.
- Make sure your fish is fully coated in batter and then add to your pan. Once the fish is in the pan, base it with oil. Let one side cook until golden brown and then flip it on the other side. Take the pan on and off the oil when the fish is cooking so the pan does not get too hot. Overall your fish should take around three minutes to fully cook.
- Support fearless journalism
- Read The Daily Express online, advert free
- Get super-fast page loading
Gordon Ramsay’s delicious macaroni cheese bake can be made in 30 minutes[RECIPE ]
Jamie Oliver’s ‘heartiest most delicious’ beef stew recipe is perfect for winter[COOKING ]
Jamie Oliver’s ‘comforting’ midweek one-pot sausage bake[HOW TO ]
To make the chips:
- Chop your potato into chip squares and then slice it into skinny fry shapes. The skinnier your fry appears, the quicker it will be to cook.
- Once prepared, roll up some kitchen paper towels and dry off any moisture on your chips. Add new oil to your pans and add in your fries.
- Cook your fries on a high heat and once they are crispy and golden, take them off the heat and place them on a paper towel to remove any excess oil. Season with salt and your hot chips are now ready.
To make the tartar sauce:
- Mix all your tartar sauce ingredients together in a bowl and your sauce is ready. Add in salt for taste and hot sauce if you want a kick to your sauce.
- Your homemade fish and chips should be ready to enjoy.
Get all the latest news, entertainment, sport and lifestyle updates from our dedicated American team.
Follow Daily Express US on Facebook and Twitter @ExpressUSNews
Source: Read Full Article