"I have never heard a complaint of my beef stew, it’s a great new take on an old favorite! I prefer to serve stew over white rice, it all depends on your taste. You can season the beef with a packet of Sazon instead of salt and pepper, for even more Spanish style."
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Cook beef in hot skillet until completely browned, about 5 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Transfer beef to a slow cooker, retaining some of the beef drippings in the skillet.
- Return skillet to heat and heat the retained drippings. Saute onion and garlic in hot drippings until softened, about 5 minutes; add to beef in slow cooker.
- Stir potatoes, diced tomatoes, sofrito, and olives into the beef mixture.
- Cook on Low until beef and potatoes are fork-tender, 4 to 5 hours.
- Easy Cleanup
- Try using a liner in your slow cooker for easier cleanup.
Per Serving: 241 calories;11.6 g fat;13.6 g carbohydrates;19.6 g protein;40 mg cholesterol;822 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article