"Delicious root vegetable soup for those chilly winter days. My daughter wants this for Christmas! Can be served alone, over rice, or with grilled baguettes."
- Combine vegetable broth, chicken broth, and water in a slow cooker set on High. Stir in 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds and dried cilantro.
- Combine remaining 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds, tarragon, and coriander seeds in a spice grinder; pulse until finely ground. Stir into the slow cooker.
- Stir carrots, parsnips, rutabaga, and onion into the slow cooker. Cook on High until liquid is boiling. Reduce to Low and cook until vegetables are tender when pierced with a fork, about 5 hours.
- Season with white pepper; garnish with green onion.
- Cook’s Note:
- Substitute vegetable broth for the chicken broth if desired.
Per Serving: 134 calories;0.7 g fat;30.5 g carbohydrates;3.6 g protein;< 1 mg cholesterol;197 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article