Active Time: 15 MINTotal Time20 MIN
Yield: Serves : 2
The citrusy flavor of lemongrass is an ideal brothy base for shrimp, while the earthiness of spinach and mushrooms makes the entire dish feel super wholesome. This recipe makes enough for two people to reset and restore, but it can easily be doubled to serve four.
- 3 cups water
- 4 single-serving lemongrass tea bags
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh chives
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh curly parsley
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 ounces cooked peeled and deveined medium shrimp, halved lengthwise
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh baby spinach, chopped into 1-inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 4 button mushrooms, very thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup thawed frozen sweet peas
- Extra-virgin olive oil
How to Make It
Bring 3 cups water to a boil in a teapot or small saucepan over high; remove from heat. Add tea bags; cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove and discard tea bags; stir in chives, parsley, tarragon, vinegar, and salt. Bring tea just to a simmer over medium. Remove from heat.
Divide shrimp, spinach, mushrooms, and peas evenly between 2 shallow bowls. Pour hot tea mixture evenly into bowls; drizzle with olive oil, and serve.
If you can’t find pure lemongrass tea, substitute one mixed with lemon.
Source: Read Full Article