Photo by Izabella Wentz PharmD.
Sweet potatoes and maple syrup add natural sweetness to these muffins—perfect for prepping for a week of breakfasts, dinners, or lunches.
- 12 servings
- Active Time
- 45 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour 5 minutes
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups diced sweet potatoes
- 5 ounces bacon, cooked and chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme, or 1 teaspoon dried
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Sea salt or pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (if tolerated)
- 4 tablespoons maple syrup
- 2 pounds ground beef or bison
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place the water and a steamer basket in a medium-size cooking pot over high heat. Bring the water to a boil.
- Place sweet potatoes in the basket, cover, and steam for 10 to 12 minutes, or until the potatoes easily break apart with a fork. Drain remaining water. Let potatoes cool.
- In a food processor, place the cooked sweet potatoes, bacon, thyme, garlic powder, salt, pepper, and maple syrup. Process into a thick paste.
- Place the meat in a large bowl, add the sweet potato mixture, and combine well.
- Gently spoon 1/3 cup of the meatloaf mixture into each of 12 muffin cups.
- Bake on the middle rack for 15 to 20 minutes or until cooked through.
- Remove cooked meatloaf muffins and repeat with remaining meatloaf mixture.
Source: Read Full Article