Inspired from a Japanese cooking show that I watched. This one is fairly easy and tasty.
- 1 cup basmati rice, washed until the water is clear
- 2 cup vegetable broth
- 2 medium-sized zucchini, cubed
- 1 big tomato, cubed
- 1 bell pepper, cubed
- 1 medium-sized eggplant, cubed
- 1/2 onion, cubed
- 3 garlic, crushed and minced
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tbsp oil (I normally use sunflower)
Heat oil in a pan. Add the vegetables + onion and stir for about 3 minutes. Add garlic, stir for a minute or so.
Add basmati rice. Add salt. Stir well.
Pour broth bit by bit. When it is boiling, reduce the heat and cover.
After 20 minutes, check the consistency. If the rice is cooked and fluffy, then it is done. If it is a bit dry, add a bit of water and cover for 5 minutes or so.
Source: Read Full Article