This will make you forget everything you know about boring Potato Salads.
Note: It is REALLY important that you use dill, If not, wait till you can find dill and then make the salad! Same applies for the pickles!
- 5-6 medium potatoes (Yukon is best)
- 1 large Vidalia Onion (or other sweet onions), chopped coarsely
- 2 Granny Smith apples, peeled and cut into 1/2 pieces
- 1 can 12-16 Corn, drained
- 1 large Dill bunch, chopped
- 2 large Dill pickles, cut into 1/4 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup Dill pickle juice
- 1/2 Cup Mayonnaise
- 1/2 lime (optional)
Peel, then cut potatoes in half, boil over medium heat 15-18 minutes till ALMOST done (Important: they should not be too soft!). You can also steam them; same advice applies. Set aside to cool
When potatoes are cool enough, cut into 1/2 inch pieces. Add onions, apples, corn, pickles
Add Mayo and most of Dill, fold / mix gently
If pickle juice is not acidic enough, add some lime juice to it and drizzle over ingredients. Add salt to taste, Top with remaining Dill.
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours before serving
Source: Read Full Article