- Prep 45 min
- Total2 hr45 min
Fruit and cream lovers, this retro pie is for you! A flaky Pillsbury™ pie crust is filled with a fluffy fruit-flavored mixture studded with fresh strawberries, and everything takes a chill in the fridge for a few hours until the pie is ready to slice and serve. The concept might seem a little old-fashioned—yes, there is Jell-O™ involved— but based on its five-star rating, we can confidently say this classic pie is still very much welcome at all of our dessert tables.
box Pillsbury™ refrigerated pie crusts, softened as directed on box
- 1box (4-serving size) wild strawberry-flavored gelatin
- 1/4cup sugar
- 1/2cup boiling water
- 1container (8 oz) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 2cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 8fresh strawberry halves
- 1Heat oven to 450°F. Make pie crust as directed on box for One-Crust Baked Shell using 9-inch glass pie pan. Bake 9 to 11 minutes or until light golden brown. Cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- 2Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix gelatin, sugar and boiling water until gelatin is dissolved.*Refrigerate until mixture just begins to thicken and get syrupy, 10 to 15 minutes.
- 3Stir whipped topping into gelatin mixture until well blended. Fold in sliced strawberries. Spoon into cooled baked shell. Arrange strawberry halves around outer edge of pie. Refrigerate at least 2 hours or until serving time. Store in refrigerator.
- *If gelatin does not dissolve during stirring, heat in microwave on High 10 seconds; stir and repeat if necessary.
- Pie baking can be even easier when you use Pet-Ritz® frozen pie crusts. Find them in the freezer case with a precrimped edge, ready to use. The disposable pan makes clean up a snap.
- For added creaminess, serve each slice with a dollop of extra whipped topping.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article