- 8 oz Pork Tenderloin
- Kosher Salt, Pepper, and Fennel Pollen
- Avacado Oil
- 1 cup 'Instant' Brown Rice or what you like
- Several white button mushrooms your choice
- 1 small Shallot
- 1/2-1 Tbs Butter
- 1 tsp 'Better than Boullion' Mushroom sauce base
- 1 cup water
- 1 Fresh Ripe Tomato
- Set Sous Vide unit to 132f (rare) and 2 hours, 45 minutes
- About 3 1/2 hours before serving, start the unit
- Remove silver skin from Tenderloin and pat dry
- Sprinkle Salt, Pepper, and lightly dust with Fennel Pollen
- Place in a Ziplock bag and refrigerate until sous vide water is ready
- Slice mushrooms thin (or thick)
- Finely chop Shallots
- Measure butter. water and mushroom sauce paste
- Measure rice and water
- Slice Tomato
Put tenderloin bag in the water and remove air, zip close and set timer
Melt butter in a saute pan and add shallots
When translucent, add muchrooms.
Continue to cook gently unit the mushrooms are slightly colored, then set aside.
Slice tomato and put on each plate
Shortly before pork is ready, finish the sauce
Mix in 1 cup hot water with 1 tsp mushroom base
Remove 1/8 cup and mix with 1 Tbs of cornstarch.
Pour the remaining stock into the mushrooms and bring to a simmer.
Add the cornstarch mixture and stir to thicken, set aside
Cook the rice.
When it’s ready, remove the pork and dry thoroughly
Take a cast iron skillet set on high and add the oil
When pan is HOT, add the pork and brown all over.
Rest the pork for 10 minutes
Slice, serve with sauce, rice and tomatos.
Source: Read Full Article