- 1 can (10.75 ounces) tomato puree
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon yellow mustard
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 (3 to 4 pounds) boneless beef chuck roast
In a slow cooker crock, stir together tomato puree, brown sugar, vinegar, garlic, onion, paprika, mustard, salt, dried red pepper and black pepper.
Add roast to crock and turn to coat with tomato sauce mixture.
Cover and cook on HIGH for 5 to 6 hours or LOW for 10 to 12 hours.
Remove roast to a cutting board. Using 2 forks, shred meat and add to serving bowl. Stir in enough sauce to desired consistency.
Source: Read Full Article