- Prep 20 min
- Total3 hr40 min
Cancel your dinner reservations! Two of your favorite Italian restaurant classics come together to make a slow-cooker chicken dinner that’s easy enough for a weeknight but fancy enough for a special occasion.
jar (25.5 oz) Muir Glen™ tomato basil pasta sauce
- 2cups Progresso™ chicken broth (from 32-oz carton)
- 1teaspoon salt
- 1lb boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1package (20 oz) refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini
- 1cup shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz)
- 1tablespoon butter
- 1/2cup Progresso™ Italian style panko crispy bread crumbs
- 1/2cup shredded Parmesan cheese (2 oz)
- Shredded fresh basil leaves, if desired
- 1Spray 4 1/2- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Mix pasta sauce, broth and salt in cooker. Add chicken breasts.
- 2Cover; cook on Low heat setting 3 to 4 hours or until juice of chicken is clear when center of thickest part is cut (at least 165°F). Remove chicken with slotted spoon to cutting board, and shred.
- 3Meanwhile, stir tortellini into cooker. Cover; cook on Low heat setting 15 minutes.
- 4Stir tortellini mixture; top with shredded chicken. Top chicken with mozzarella cheese; cover and cook 10 to 15 minutes or until tortellini are tender and cheese is melted.
- 5Meanwhile, in 10-inch skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir 2 to 5 minutes or until toasted. Sprinkle over mixture in slow cooker. Top with Parmesan cheese and basil.
- Don’t like shredded chicken? You can dice the cooked chicken instead.
- Refrigerated cheese-filled tortellini are usually either plain pasta or a mixture of plain and spinach pastas. Either type is fine for this recipe.
- Calories from Fat
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- Trans Fat
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
- © General Mills
Serving Size: 1 Serving
% Daily Value
% Daily Value*:
Source: Read Full Article