One of the Chinese Restaurants’ menus that my daughter and I always ordered back in my home country 😍. It’s crunchy, buttery salty, and spicy. Just the perfect combination. You can use fish or oyster mushrooms to replace the chicken. Please follow my Instagram @jenscookingdiary (Indonesian) or @jenscookdineandtravel (English) if you like my recipes 🙏🏻
- 300 gr boneless chicken thigh, diced
- 500 ml vegetable oil for deep frying the chicken
- Batter ingredients:
- 4 Tbsp all purpose flour and 6 Tbsp ice water, mix well
- Coating ingredients:
- 6 Tbsp all purpose flour
- 1,5 Tbsp rice flour
- 1,5 Tbsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp salt or to taste
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder or to taste
- For the sauce:
- 1 Tbsp salted butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 red chili peppers, diagonally thinly sliced
- 2 bird eye chili peppers, thinly sliced (optional)
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp white pepper powder
Wash the chicken and pat them with some paper towels to remove the excessive water. Set aside.
Dip the chicken into batter ingredients.
Mix all the coating ingredients in a bowl. Coat the chicken evenly with flour mixture. Shake the excess flour off. Deep fry the chicken until crispy and golden brown. Remove from the pan.
For the sauce:
Heat butter in a pan over medium high heat. Sauté garlic and red chili peppers until fragrant.
Add bird eye chili peppers (optional), salt, white pepper powder, and green onions. Mix well.
Add deep fried chicken. Stir well with the sauce.
Serve warm over steamed white rice! Yum! 😋
Source: Read Full Article