I like making my own so I know exactly what goes in it.
- 1/4 cup butter or cooking oil of your choice
- 1/4 cup Flour
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1 can RoTel or diced chilis (optional)
In saucepan, melt butter and add flour. Stir to combine well.
Add spices to rue mixture and stir.
Cook for about a minute or two to get rid of raw flour taste.
Add beef broth and RoTel. whisk until smooth.
Cook until thickened.
I added a touch more broth because I like mine rather thin, adjust to your preference.
I don’t add salt, but if using in yours, use unsalted butter and low sodium broth and it wont be so salty.
Source: Read Full Article