Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time1 Hour 25 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
Served hot or at room temperature, nothing says summer like a fresh fruit cobbler. When the dish first comes out of the oven, the fruit juice will be a little thin, but it will thicken as the cobbler sets and cools down. Peaches and blackberries come together in this easy to assemble recipe, but feel free to substitute your favorite berries or stone fruits. You can make the crumble topping mix ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator.
- 2 pounds ripe peaches, halved, pitted, and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 3 cups fresh blackberries (15 oz.)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 small lemon)
- 1 cup uncooked quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup plus 1 Tbsp. cold unsalted butter, cubed
- Lemon zest (optional)
How to Make It
Preheat oven to 350°F. Gently toss together peaches, blackberries, granulated sugar, cornstarch, and lemon juice in a large bowl. Transfer fruit to a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Toss together oats, flour, honey, kosher salt, cinnamon, cardamom, and nutmeg in a medium bowl; add cubed butter. Using your hands, combine until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle topping evenly over fruit.
Bake in preheated oven until top is golden brown and fruit mixture is bubbling, 45 to 50 minutes. Remove from oven, and cool 15 minutes. If desired, sprinkle with lemon zest before serving.
Source: Read Full Article