"This is dedicated to all those chefs who tell you to never, ever mix fish and cheese together; and yet there they are, at the diner at 2:00 in the morning. And you know what they eat? Tuna melts. And the reason they do is because it is delicious."
- Place tuna into a mixing bowl and lightly break apart with a fork. Add green onion, celery, capers, chile paste, and mayonnaise. Pinch small pieces from mozzarella cheese into the tuna salad and stir to mix. Season with salt and black pepper; refrigerate tuna salad until needed.
- Heat oven's broiler. Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Spread butter generously on both sides of French bread slices.
- Broil buttered bread until golden brown on top, 2 to 3 minutes. Flip bread slices and broil other side until toasted, 2 to 3 more minutes. Remove from oven and turn bread slices over on the baking sheet so the darkest sides are on the bottom.
- Gently spread tuna salad onto bread slices using 2 forks. Press the salad onto the bread and spread tuna all the way to the edges of the bread. Spread shredded sharp Cheddar over each sandwich. Dust tops with cayenne pepper.
- Place sandwiches under broiler and cook until cheese is melted and bubbling, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Cook’s Note:
- Use a baking dish underneath your sheet pan if you need to move your food slightly closer to the broiler flame.
Per Serving: 593 calories;39.5 g fat;22.9 g carbohydrates;36.4 g protein;82 mg cholesterol;918 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article