- Total: 1 hr 40 min
- Active: 30 min
- Yield:4 servings
Try this cooking class now
Try this cooking class nowWatch Class
- Sprinkle the pork with 2 tablespoons salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour.
- Fill a heavy large pot with 4 inches of oil. Attach a deep-fry thermometer and heat to 350 degrees F.
- Cut each tenderloin in half crosswise to make 4 equal pieces. Using a sharp knife, cut slices across each tenderloin, about 1/2-inch apart going as deep as possible but without cutting all the way through.
- Put the panko, flour and eggs into 3 separate medium bowls. Working 1 piece at time, dredge each piece of pork in the flour, making sure to get flour into each slit. Shake off excess and then dip into the egg, making sure to coat the entire surface and slits. Let excess drip off and then dredge in the panko, patting down to get the panko to adhere and pushing and coating each of the slits. Repeat with the remaining pieces of pork.
- Working in 2 batches, fry the breaded pork until golden brown and crispy, 4 to 6 minutes. Transfer to a paper-towel-lined platter and let drain for 10 minutes. Serve with sauerkraut and spicy brown mustard.
Source: Read Full Article