Active Time: 25 MinsTotal Time25 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
Make a grilled pizza just once, and you will fall in love with the ease and versatility of this easy dinner choice. Whether you have leftover baked chicken, a little bit of last night’s shredded bbq pork, or a surplus of garden vegetables, with a little imagination you can create a fabulous grilled pizza. Think outside the box to combine your favorite herbs, cheeses and fresh fruit into a one-of-a-kind grilled pizza.
- 1medium-size zucchini, cut into 1/4-inch-thick slices (1 1/2 cups)
- 1 cup thinly sliced red onion (from 1 small onion)
- 1ear fresh corn, husks removed
- 1large garlic clove, finely chopped (1 1/2 tsp.)
- 4 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil, divided, plus more for greasing
- 12 ounces fresh prepared whole-wheat pizza dough, at room temperature
- 8 ounces smoked chicken, shredded
- 8 ounces low-moisture smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Fresh basil leaves and red pepper flakes, for topping
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F). Toss together zucchini, onion, corn, garlic, and 2 teaspoons of the oil in a large bowl. Arrange vegetables in a single layer in a metal grilling basket lightly coated with oil. Place basket on grill grate, and grill, uncovered, turning occasionally, until vegetables are charred, 4 to 6 minutes. Remove from grill. Cut corn kernels from cob; discard cob. Set aside vegetables.
Roll dough into a 14- x 10-inch oval on a lightly floured surface. Place on lightly oiled grates; grill over high heat, uncovered, until lightly browned, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip over; brush top with remaining 2 teaspoons oil. Top with chicken; sprinkle with cheese, leaving a ½-inch border around dough edges. Arrange vegetables over pizza. Grill, uncovered, until cheese is melted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from grill.
Sprinkle with salt and black pepper; top with basil and red pepper flakes.
Source: Read Full Article