- Total: 45 min
- Active: 45 min
- Yield:6 servings
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- Brush the corn, bell pepper and scallions lightly with olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Grill, turning as needed, until the vegetables are charred and just tender, 8 to 10 minutes for the corn, about 6 minutes for the peppers and 2 to 3 minutes for the scallions. Let cool.
- Cut the corn kernels from the cobs and place it in a medium bowl. Chop the bell pepper. Finely chop the scallions, keeping the white parts separated from the green parts.
- Melt the butter in a medium Dutch oven over medium heat. Add the scallion whites, potatoes and celery. Cook, stirring occasionally, until the celery softens, 3 to 4 minutes.
- Sprinkle in the flour, thyme, paprika, 1 teaspoon salt and several grinds of black pepper. Stir until the flour evenly coats the vegetables, about 1 minute. Add the broth and 1 cup water and whisk to combine. Bring to a simmer, adjust the heat and simmer until the potatoes are almost tender, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in the corn, peppers and cream and return to a rapid simmer. Cook until the soup is thickened and the vegetables are tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Season with more salt and pepper if desired. Stir in the scallion greens and parsley. Serve with hot sauce if using.
Source: Read Full Article