Active Time: 10 MinsTotal Time10 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
This classic West Coast dressing serves double duty as a thick and creamy dip for crudités or a flavorful dressing for robust lettuces and main dish salads. The addition of anchovies or anchovy paste is close to the original, but you can leave it out of the recipe and still create a delicious (and green) herb-filled dressing. This recipe is easy to make and stores up to a week in the refrigerator, so blend a batch on the weekend and use throughout the week. Drizzle Green Goddess Dressing over grilled chicken, seafood, or steak, dress a potato salad or stir into hot rice or pasta.
- 2 teaspoons anchovy paste (or 3 canned anchovy fillets)
- 1small garlic clove, minced (about 1 tsp.)
- 3/4 cup mayonnaise
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh tarragon
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, plus more for garnish
How to Make It
Place all ingredients in a blender or food processor, and process until smooth, 30 to 45 seconds. Garnish with extra black pepper, if desired. Serve as a dip, or toss with salad greens. The dressing will last a week if stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
Source: Read Full Article