- 1 large egg
- 1 pound boneless chicken tenderloins, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1/3 cup plus 2 teaspoons cornstarch, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 7 tablespoons chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons unseasoned rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 3-4 chiles, chopped and seeds discarded
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 tablespoons thinly sliced green onions, divided
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame seeds
Beat egg in large bowl. Add chicken and coat well.
In another bowl combine 1/3 cup cornstarch with salt and pepper. Transfer chicken wirh a fork to cornstarch mixture and stir with a spatula to coat every piece.
Transfer chicken to air fryer basket leaving a little space between pieces. Preheat air-fryer at 400 degrees for 3 minutes. Add chicken, cook approximately 15 minutes.
Whisk together remaining 2 teaspoons cornstarch with broth, soy sauce, ketchup, sugar, and rice vinegar.
Heat oil and chiles in large skillet over medium heat. When gently sizzling, add ginger and garlic. Cook about 30 seconds.
Re-whisk cornstarch mixture and stir mixture in skillet. Increase heat. When sauce begins to bubble, add chicken. Stir to coat. Cook until sauce thickens.
Turn off heat. Stir in 1 tablespoon green onion and sesame oil.
Serve and top with sesame seeds and remaining 1 tablespoon green onions.
Source: Read Full Article