It’s actually just leftovers. It started out life as chicken and rice 2 days ago. It was delish. I have issues with leftovers that look the same lol I prefer them to morph into something else. I do this a lot with my leftovers. This had rice so I didn’t really need a crust. With just a few ingredients, we had a really nice comforting supper.
- 4 cups packed leftover cold cooked rice
- 3 cups leftover cold cooked chicken
- 1 large can (22.6 oz) cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can (15.25 oz) whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 Parmesan cheese
- Pepper, garlic and onion powders
- 1/2 cup water
- Grated cheese of choice for top
Preheat the oven to 350. Spray or butter a medium sized casserole dish.
In a large bow, combine the first 8 ingredients well. Pour into greased casserole and cover with aluminum foil. Bake for 45 minutes.
After 45 minutes pull it out of the oven, crank the temp to 400, and remove foil. Add your grated cheese to the top and return to the oven uncovered for 15 minutes longer. Allow it to sit for a bit to thicken. I serve it with salad and garlic bread.
Source: Read Full Article