READY IN: 55mins
1 . 3 medium-sized onion, peeled, washed and finely chopped
2 . 1-2 green chilies, washed, ends trimmed and slit
3 . 250 gm chicken, washed, cleaned and cut in bite-sized pieces
4 . 1 inch piece ginger, finely chopped
5 . 10 garlic cloves, washed and finely chopped
6 . 2 medium-sized tomatoes, washed and finely chopped
7 . 3/4 tsp. turmeric powder
8 . 1/2 tsp. red chili powder
9 . 1 1/2 tsps. coriander powder
10 . 2 tsps. chicken tandoori spice mix
11 . 1 1/2 tsp. salt
12 . 3/4 tsp. garam masala powder
13 . 2 tsp. cumin seeds
14 . water, as required to prepare gravy
15 . 2-3 bay leaves, torn
16 . 2 cloves
17 . 2 green cardamoms
18 . 1 inch cinnamon sticks
Serving Size: 1 (777) g
Servings Per Recipe:2
Calories from Fat 930 g 59 %
Total Fat 103.4 g 159 %
Saturated Fat 29.5 g 147 %
Cholesterol 510.3 mg 170 %
Sodium 501.4 mg 20 %
Total Carbohydrate26.6 g 8 %
Dietary Fiber 6.3 g 25 %
Sugars 14.4 g 57 %
Protein 131.8 g 263 %
1. Clean, wash and cut the chicken into bite-sized pieces.
2. Heat oil in a wok.
3. Once hot add cumin seeds and allow to sizzle for a few seconds. Add the bay leaves, 2 cloves, 2 green cardamoms and 1 inch cinnamon stick and mix well.
4.Fold in the chopped onions and the slit green chilli.
5. Prepare paste of the finely chopped ginger and garlic and add the ginger-garlic paste to the chopped onion mixture. Allow to stir-fry and cook until the raw smell of ginger and garlic is gone.
6. Add the dry masala powders and mix well. Sprinkle some water so that the mixture does not stick to the bottom of the wok.
7. Fold in two finely chopped tomatoes after washing them.
8. Allow to stir-fry for a few minutes on low flame.
9. Add salt to taste and mix thoroughly.
10. Now fold in the bite-sized washed, cleaned and chopped chicken pieces.
11. Mix well and add water as required to prepare the gravy.
12. Add some finely chopped fresh coriander leaves as a garnish.
13. Cover and allow to cook until the chicken is soft and tender.
14. Alternatively, you may cook the chicken in a pressure cooker with all the above ingredients until 5-6 whistles till the chicken is tender.
15. Serve hot with long-grain white Basmati rice.
Source: Read Full Article