From “Five Ingredients or Less Slow Cooker Cookbook”
by Stephanie O’Dea
– Keep your insert at least 2/3 full for optimum performance.
– You can still make all of the recipes in a 6-quart machine; insert an oven-safe dish such as CorningWare or Pyrex into the insert to create a smaller cooking vessel.
– 4-quart recipes will work fine in a 6-quart machine, but will cook faster. Reduce the cook time by at least a third and then check the food to ensure doneness. You can also increase the ingredients by 50% to fill the pot properly, and use stated cook times.
- 1 (16 ounce) box of yellow cake mix
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups butterscotch chips, divided
Use a 4-quart slow cooker. Spray insert with cooking spray. In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the cake mix, water, and melted butter.
Scoop 1/3 of the mixture into the insert. Add a handful of the butterscotch chips. Add another third of the cake batter, and repeat the layers until you have run out of ingredients.
Cover and cook on Low for 5 to 6 hours or on High for about 2 1/2 hours. Uncover and continue to cook on High for an additional 30 minutes to release condensation. The cake is finished when it has begun to brown on top and pull away from the sides, and a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
Source: Read Full Article