- 2 cups white rice, uncooked
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 2 cups frozen broccoli
- 2 slices Follow Your Heart American style cheese alt., diced
- 2 slices Violife Cheddar style cheese alt., diced
- 1/4 cup Follow Your Heart Parmesan flavor cheese alternative
- 1 small white onion, chopped
- 1/2-1 cup vegetable broth
- 2 Tbsp butter alternative or coconut oil
- 1 tsp Tumeric
- to taste Salt, pepper, Garlic powder,
- 1 Tbsp cooking oil
In a sauce pan, add 4 cups water, and a couple shakes of salt. Add broccoli. Heat to boiling. Once soft, break up broccoli pieces till bite size.
In the mean time, add rice to a colander and rinse till water runs clear. Add to boiling water/broccoli. Turn heat down to low, cover. Stir occasionally. Add butter substitute.
Heat a skillet to medium heat. Add a tbsp of cooking oil. Add diced onions and cook still translucent. Remove onions, set aside. Add diced ham to same pan and heat thru.
Once rice is tender, add onions & ham. Add diced cheese alternatives. Add broth & seasonings. Stir to combine.
Add hotdish to a bowl and sprinkle with parmesan alternative. Serve with side salad or bread.
Side note – still tastes great without cheese alternatives!
Source: Read Full Article