Recipe is taken from https://omnivorescookbook.com/braised-daikon/
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh ginger
- 450 gram meat of your choices but I used sliced beef (marinate with meat tendenizer first in the fridge)
- 2 teaspoons Doubanjiang Spicy Fermented Bean Paste but i used Fermented black beans
- 1 daikon radish about 700 gram
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon shaoxing wine (or dry sherry)
- 1/8 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 cups water/chicken stock
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Heat a medium-size dutch oven (or heavy duty pot) over medium heat until hot. Add a tablespoon of oil. Add green onion and ginger. Cook for a minute to release the flavor
Add meat. Cook and stir until surface turns brown.
Add the fermented black beans. Cook and stir until the meat is evenly coated.
Add the radish. Cook and stir to mix well.
Add Shaoxing wine, chicken stock, soy sauce, sugar, and five spice powder. Cook over medium high heat until brought to a boil. Turn to medium low heat. Simmer for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the radish turns tender. Add salt to taste.
Serve with steamed rice or by itself.
Source: Read Full Article