- Total: 1 hr 20 min
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:one 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf; 8 servings
4 large ripe bananas
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
One 15.25-ounce box spice cake mix
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9-by-5-by-3-inch loaf pan with parchment, leaving a 2-inch overhang on the longer sides.
- Mash 3 of the bananas with a fork in a large bowl until very smooth, reserving the fourth and least-bruised banana for the bread topper. Whisk in the eggs and cake mix until just combined and no lumps remain.
- Transfer to the prepared loaf pan, smoothing out the top with a small offset spatula. Slice the remaining banana in half lengthwise, then place the halves cut-side up on top of the batter, with the curves facing each other. Bake until deep golden brown and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, about 50 minutes.
- Transfer the loaf pan to a wire rack to cool slightly, about 10 minutes. Run a knife or offset spatula around the edges of the pan, then invert the banana bread onto the wire rack and cool completely.
Source: Read Full Article