- Total: 1 hr 10 min(includes marinating time)
- Active: 20 min
- Yield:4 servings
- Soak a cedar grill plank in water for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours.
- Bring the mirin and sake to a boil in a small saucepan over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Reduce the heat to medium-low and whisk in the miso and sugar. Cook, stirring occasionally, until there are no lumps and the sugar is dissolved, about 3 minutes. Remove from the heat, let cool to room temperature and stir in the soy sauce and ginger. Pour the mixture over the salmon in a shallow bowl and let marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
- Prepare a grill for medium heat.
- Place the soaked cedar plank in the center of the grill grate. Close the lid and let the plank heat until you hear it start to crack, about 15 minutes. Remove the salmon filets from the marinade, letting any excess drip off, and put them skin-side down on the plank. Close the lid and cook until the salmon is opaque throughout and large flakes break off when flecked with a fork, 15 to 20 minutes. Remove the plank from the grill and serve the salmon from the plank (the fish will slide right off with a metal spatula, leaving the skin behind). Discard the plank.
Source: Read Full Article