- Total: 6 hr 35 min(includes freezing time)
- Active: 35 min
- Yield:16 servings
- Line a 9-by-9-inch metal baking pan with foil, leaving a 2-inch overhang on all sides.
- Put 2 ounces of the shortbread cookies (about 8 cookies) in a resealable bag and crush into coarse crumbs with a rolling pin. Transfer to a medium bowl. Repeat with 1/2 cup of the freeze-dried strawberries. Add to the bowl with the crushed cookies. Mix to combine and set aside.
- Add the remaining 8 ounces of the shortbread cookies (about 32 cookies), the light-brown sugar and 1/4 teaspoon salt to a food processor. Process until finely ground. Add the melted butter and process until the crumbs are coated. Press the mixture evenly into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- Pour the jam over the crust and spread into an even layer. Cover and freeze while preparing the ice cream.
- Pulse the remaining 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries in a spice grinder until finely ground. Transfer to large bowl. Add the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla and 1/4 teaspoon salt and stir to combine.
- Whip the cream with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until firm peaks form, about 2 minutes. Fold about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the condensed milk mixture with a rubber spatula until combined, then fold the lightened mixture into the whipped cream until well blended.
- Pour the cream mixture over the jam and spread evenly. Top with the crushed shortbread-strawberry mixture. Cover and freeze until solid, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Using the foil overhang as handles, lift the ice cream out of the pan and cut into 16 pieces.
Source: Read Full Article