10 (about 175g) essential Lasagne Sheets (or other vegan alternative)
100g Waitrose Vegan Original Block
For the tomato sauce
1 tbsp olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, chopped
1 red chilli, chopped (deseeded if you wish)
2 x 400g cans chopped tomatoes
1 tbsp maple syrup
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp black pepper
For the filling
350g cashew nuts
¾ tsp garlic granules
½ tsp onion granules
1. For the tomato sauce, warm the oil in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion, garlic and chilli, and cook for 2-3 minutes, stirring so the garlic does not burn. Then stir in the chopped tomatoes, syrup, salt and pepper. Cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened.
2. Meanwhile, for the filling, cover the cashew nuts with water in a saucepan and bring to the boil for 15 minutes. Drain well and rinse under cold running water. Add the nuts to a blender, along with 200ml water, the garlic granules, onion granules and a pinch of salt, then
blitz until smooth.
3. Wilt the spinach in a separate covered pan with 50ml boiling water for about 2-3 minutes. Drain. When cool enough, squeeze well to remove any excess moisture. Roughly chop and sprinkle with a pinch of salt. Mix into the cashew cream.
4. Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6. Place the lasagne sheets in a large bowl and cover with freshly boiled water. Leave to soak for 10 minutes, or until softened enough to roll up. Lay out the lasagne sheets on a clean tea towel. Top each sheet with about 4 heaped tbsp of spinach mixture and spread down the length of the sheet on one side. Gently roll up each one to create 10 loose tubes.
5. Spread some of the tomato sauce over the base of an ovenproof baking dish (about 18cm x 30cm). Add the 10 filled rolls in a tightly packed single layer on top. Cover completely with the remaining tomato sauce. Top with the grated vegan cheese and bake for 20-25 minutes until cooked through, bubbling and browned.
Source: Read Full Article