"Veggie chili cornbread casserole."
- Heat olive oil in a large Dutch oven over medium heat until shimmering, about 1 minute. Add onion, carrot, and bell pepper. Mix to combine and cook until tender, about 8 minutes. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, paprika, cinnamon, salt, and black pepper. Stir and cook until fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes, black beans, kidney beans, pinto beans, and corn to the Dutch oven and stir to combine. Pour in broth and lime juice; stir to combine. Increase heat to high and bring chili to a boil, about 5 minutes. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered and stirring occasionally, about 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Whisk milk and egg together in a large bowl until well combined.
- Combine cornmeal, flour, brown sugar, baking powder, salt, and baking soda together in a large bowl. Add milk mixture and whisk until smooth. Add melted butter and stir to combine. Add jalapeno and stir to incorporate into the cornbread batter.
- Remove Dutch oven from the stove. Pour batter over the chili in the Dutch oven. Use a spatula to cover chili completely and smooth the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the cornbread comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes. Let cool for about 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish cornbread casserole with sliced jalapeno and cilantro.
Per Serving: 393 calories;11.4 g fat;60.4 g carbohydrates;13.1 g protein;37 mg cholesterol;990 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article