Total Time: 30 Mins
Yield: Makes 4 Belgian waffles
Spruce up your morning waffles with a little help from one of the food world’s best tag teams: peanut butter and jelly. Using peanut butter chips provides goodness in every bite and provides a more even distribution of flavor. If you make too many, store them in a plastic or Stasher bag and freeze them.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 3/4 cups whole buttermilk
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 2large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup peanut butter chips
- Cooking spray
- Jam of choice, for serving
- mixed berries (blueberries and strawberries), for serving
How to Make It
Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a large bowl.
Stir together buttermilk, butter, eggs, and vanilla in a separate bowl. Add buttermilk mixture to flour mixture, and whisk just until combined, being careful not to overmix. Fold peanut butter chips into batter.
Coat preheated waffle iron with cooking spray. Add batter and cook according to manufacturer’s instructions (about 3/4 cup batter for about 5 minutes). Serve immediately, topped with jam and fresh berries, or transfer to a wire cooling rack to cool. Leftover waffles can be stored in a plastic bag and frozen.
Source: Read Full Article