Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Kate Buckens
Originally, this curried soup was served cold. Given the winter chill in the air, however, we tried it hot and discovered it to be even better.
- 4–6 servings
- Active Time
- 15 min
- Total Time
- 30 min
- 1 large boiling potato (1/2 lb), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 celery heart (inner pale stalks with leaves), coarsely chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 large apple (preferably Granny Smith), peeled and coarsely chopped
- 1 firm-ripe banana, coarsely chopped
- 1 pint chicken broth
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 rounded teaspoon curry powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- Simmer vegetables and fruits in broth in a 3-quart heavy saucepan, covered, until very tender, about 12 minutes. Stir in cream, butter, curry powder, and salt and heat just until hot (do not boil).
- Purée soup in a blender until smooth (use caution when blending hot liquids). Thin soup with water if desired and serve sprinkled with chives.
Source: Read Full Article