Active Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 10 Mins
Yield: Serves 6 (serving size: 2 lettuce cups)
Creamy chicken salad gets a major punch of personality with this wow-worthy, kung pao makeover. Featuring all of the flavors you know and love about kung pao chicken, the incredible savory-sweet dressing only gets tastier as it sits, so feel free to prep your chicken salad in advance and allow it some time to chill in the refrigerator. Kewpie mayonnaise is a Japanese brand of mayo that’s slightly sweeter than the standard U.S. supermarket standbys (like Hellman’s or Duke’s) and has a distinct savory richness—and it’s definitely worth seeking out. That, and the spicy chile crisp (don’t worry, it’s not as spicy as it looks in the jar), can be found at most Asian markets or ordered online.
- 1/2 cup Kewpie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced scallions, plus more for garnish
- 1/4 cup chopped jar roasted red bell peppers, drained
- 1 tablespoon spicy chile crisp (chile oil sauce, such as Lao Gan Ma), plus more for garnish
- 1 1/2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon hoisin sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 cups shredded rotisserie chicken breast (from 2 chickens)
- 1/2 cup chopped roasted salted peanuts, plus more for garnish
- 12butter or Bibb lettuce leaves
How to Make It
Stir together mayonnaise, scallions, red bell peppers, chile crisp, vinegar, honey, hoisin, and soy sauce in a medium bowl. Add chicken and peanuts to dressing; toss to coat chicken fully.
Divide mixture evenly among lettuce leaves. Garnish with chopped peanuts, sliced scallions, and chile crisp.
Source: Read Full Article