Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This weeknight dinner comes together in under 20 minutes. Flat metal skewers work best for this quick, weeknight recipe because they keep the shrimp and vegetables from spinning around when flipped. Normally, wooden skewers should be soaked in water for 30 minutes before they go on a hot grill, but the cook time for these kebabs is so short—just two minutes per side—that you can use the skewers without soaking. Serve Grilled Cajun Shrimp Kabobs with Sausage over rice or grits for an authentic low-country meal.
- 8 ounces large peeled, deveined raw shrimp (about 16)
- 6 ounces smoked sausage (such as Conecuh), cut into 1/2-inch rounds (about 1 cup)
- 1small sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 1 cup)
- 1small red bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces (about 3/4 cup)
- 16cherry tomatoes (about 1/2 pint)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Cajun seasoning (such as Slap Ya Mama)
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
How to Make It
Preheat grill to high (450°F to 500°F), or heat a grill pan over high. Combine shrimp, sausage, onion, bell pepper, tomatoes, olive oil, Cajun seasoning, thyme, and oregano in a large bowl, and toss to coat. Thread mixture onto 8 (10-inch) skewers, alternating ingredients.
Place skewers on oiled grates, and grill, uncovered, until vegetables and sausage are lightly charred and shrimp is cooked through, about 2 minutes per side. Transfer skewers to a serving plate, and sprinkle with parsley.
Source: Read Full Article