Active Time: 20 MinsTotal Time20 Mins
Yield: Serves 4
This beef and broccoli stir fry is ready in 20 minutes, making it perfect for weeknight dinners. Ground chuck has more fat than ground sirloin. It cooks up extra crispy in this easy stir fry without drying out, and the tasty juices are soaked up by the rice. Spread the ground beef in an even layer in the pan to create a nice sear.
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 pound ground chuck
- 2large heads broccoli, cut into florets, stems peeled and sliced (about 6 cups)
- 2large garlic cloves, finely chopped (about 1 Tbsp.)
- 3 cups cold, cooked long-grain rice
- 1large (11-oz.) red bell pepper, sliced
- 3 tablespoons lower-sodium soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon light brown sugar
- 4scallions, thinly sliced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
How to Make It
Heat oil in a large skillet over high. Add beef, and press into a thin layer covering bottom of skillet. Cook, stirring once, until browned, about 6 minutes. Add broccoli and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, until broccoli begins to soften, about 6 minutes. Add rice and bell pepper. Cook, stirring often, until heated through and beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
Stir together soy sauce, vinegar, sesame oil, and brown sugar in a small bowl. Pour soy mixture over rice mixture, stirring to combine.
Remove from heat; sprinkle with scallions, salt, and crushed red pepper.
Source: Read Full Article