Photo by Izabella Wentz PharmD.
Skip the bread and simply toss your favorite sandwich ingredients into a big bowl for a refreshing lunch with a savory, bacon-y crunch.
- 6 servings
- Active Time
- 30 minutes
- 8 bacon slices, cooked and diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 1/2 cups chopped purple cabbage (about 8 ounces)
- 1 large bunch hearts of romaine, chopped (about 6 cups)
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped (about 3/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon celery salt, sea salt, or pink Himalayan sea salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste (if tolerated)
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article