Active time: 20 min. Total time:45 min.
Yield: Serves 8 (serving size: 1 1/2 cups)
If you’re looking for a foolproof side to take to your next barbecue or potluck, you’ve come to the right place. This BLT Pasta Salad is essentially a BLT in a bowl, and who could turn that down? It’s creamy and crunchy, just like the sandwich, and packs a delicious punch, especially with the use of fresh tomatoes and lettuce. If you have access to heirloom cherry tomatoes, feel free to use those instead. You could also use baby arugula instead of lettuce for a peppery zing. You can prepare this ahead of time, but don’t dress until immediately before serving—otherwise, the lettuce will wilt and lose its crisp.
- 12 ounces uncooked farfalle pasta
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup fresh chives
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest plus 2 Tbsp. fresh juice (from 1 lemon)
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 5coarsely chopped romaine lettuce (about 1 lettuce heart)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes, halved
- 8thick-cut bacon slices (about 12 oz.), cooked and chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup torn fresh basil
How to Make It
Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain. Spread pasta on a parchment-lined baking sheet; let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, stir together mayonnaise, chives, oil, lemon zest and juice, mustard, salt, and pepper in a medium bowl. Chill until ready to use (or up to 3 days).
Stir together pasta, lettuce, tomatoes, bacon, and basil in a large bowl. Add dressing; toss to coat. Serve immediately.
Source: Read Full Article