Total Time: 40 Mins
Yield: Serves 4 (serving size: 2 slices)
We took everything you love about a Bloody Mary, and layered it onto a garlic butter brushed pizza—because it felt like the right thing to do. And trust us on this one, it was. The key to this pie’s brunch-worthy flavor profile is in the sauce. We amped up jarred vodka sauce (we recommend using Rao’s brand) with classic Bloody Mary flavorings, like hot sauce, lime juice, celery seed, and Worcestershire sauce. Top the pizza off with your favorite BM accouterments (we opted for pickled okra, olives, bacon, pepperoncini, celery, and plenty of cracked black pepper), and you’re ready for action.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1garlic clove, sliced
- 16 ounces fresh pizza dough, at room temperature
- 2/3 cup jarred vodka sauce (such as Rao’s)
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon lime zest and 1 teaspoon fresh juice (from 1 lime)
- 1/4 teaspoon celery seed
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 8 ounces fresh mozzarella, cut into thin slices
- 1/4 cup halved pickled okra pieces, drained well
- 6Castelvetrano olives, halved
- 3thick-cut bacon slices, cooked and cut into pieces
- 2pepperoncini peppers, drained well and thinly sliced
- 2Campari tomatoes (or other small tomato), thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves, loosely packed
- 2 tablespoons very thinly sliced celery
- Cracked black pepper
How to Make It
Place a cast-iron pizza pan or a pizza stone in oven, and preheat oven to 500°F. (Do not remove pizza pan or stone while oven preheats.)
Melt butter in a small saucepan over medium-low heat; add garlic slices to pan. Heat until butter begins to foam; turn off heat and let stand while you prepare the pizza dough.
Line a rimless baking sheet or pizza peel with parchment paper, and sprinkle with cornmeal. Place pizza dough on parchment, and stretch into a round, about 12 inches in diameter. Prick dough with a fork and brush the melted butter all over the dough; discard garlic slices. Carefully slide dough onto preheated stone in the oven. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes.
While the crust bakes, whisk together the vodka sauce, hot sauce, lime zest, juice, celery seed, and Worcestershire in a small bowl.
Carefully pull the crust back onto the pizza peel using tongs (parchment paper should not be necessary at this point). Spread the sauce evenly over the par-cooked crust, leaving a ½-inch border for the crust. Arrange the mozzarella slices evenly over the sauce. Evenly distribute the okra pieces, olives, bacon, pepperoncini slices, and tomato slices over the crust.
Carefully slide pizza back onto pizza stone. Bake 8-12 minutes or until crust is browned to your liking. Remove from oven and sprinkle with parsley, celery, and cracked black pepper. Let pizza rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
Source: Read Full Article