Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Simon Andrews
Large, creamy lima beans (sometimes sold as butter beans) are the perfect solution to any meal dilemma when you make a big batch in the Instant Pot and freeze them in their broth. Defrost to stir into soups and stews, bake into casseroles, sauté for dinner, marinate for salads, and more.
- Makes about 10 cups
- Active Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 1 hour
- 1 1/2 lb. dried large lima beans, rinsed
- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled, crushed
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. Diamond Crystal or 3 1/2 tsp. Morton kosher salt
- 1 sprig rosemary (optional)
- Special Equipment
- An Instant Pot or other electric pressure cooker
- Place beans, garlic, oil, salt, and rosemary (if using) in Instant Pot. Cover with 10 cups cold water. Seal lid and cook at high pressure 14 minutes.
- Release pressure manually. If some beans are still slightly undercooked, stir, cover, and use the Keep Warm functionuntil cooked through.
- Do Ahead: Beans can be cooked 5 days ahead. Chill in cooking liquid in airtight containers, or freeze in cooking liquid up to 3 months.
Source: Read Full Article