Active Time: 10 Mins
Total Time: 25 Mins
Yield: Serves 8
These flavor-packed tacos show how just how easily mundane staple ingredients—like ground beef, canned beans, and dried spices—can be transformed into a truly wow-worthy meal.
- 1 pound ground round
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon table salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce
- 1(15-oz.) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1small red onion, thinly sliced
- 4radishes, thinly sliced
- 8(8-in.) charred corn tortillas
- Toppings: cherry tomatoes, crumbled Cotija cheese, diced avocado, shredded lettuce, sliced jalapeños and Fresno chiles, cilantro sprigs
How to Make It
Heat a large skillet over medium-high. Add ground beef; cook, stirring often with a wooden spoon, until browned and no longer pink, about 5 minutes. Drain and discard any excess grease from skillet.
Return to stove, and reduce heat to low. Stir in chili powder, cumin, salt, oregano, garlic powder, and black pepper to combine. Stir in tomato sauce and black beans, and cook until warmed through, about 5 minutes.
Bring vinegar, sugar, red onion, and radishes to a boil over high in a small saucepan. Remove from heat, and allow to cool 15 minutes.
Add beef mixture to tortillas and top with pickled onions and radishes. Add desired toppings.
Source: Read Full Article