"Try out these rose-flavored pavlova mini cakes for any celebration or holiday. You can store them in an airtight container for several days (without whipping cream) and decorate them whenever you want."
- Preheat the oven to 225 degrees F (110 degrees C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine egg whites and rose petal powder in the bowl of a stand mixer; beat until soft peaks form. Start beating in 1/2 cup sugar gradually. Increase speed to high and beat until stiff and glossy peaks form. Mix in vanilla extract and rose extract. Fold cornstarch very gently into the meringue using a spatula.
- Spoon meringue into a piping bag fitted with a fine round tip. Pipe into 18 individual rounds.
- Bake in the preheated oven until edges appear dry, 1 hour 15 minutes. Turn off oven and leave pavlovas inside the oven for another 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely, about 30 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese in a bowl for 30 seconds. Add heavy cream and 2 tablespoons sugar; beat until fluffy. Spoon whipped cream into another piping bag.
- Pipe whipped cream over cooled pavlovas. Decorate with dried rose petals.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Substitute 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar for the cornstarch, if preferred.
- To make rose petal powder, grind 1 to 2 tablespoons dried rose petals in a grinder. Now you can use this powder in any recipe you want.
- Add food coloring to the whipped cream if desired.
Per Serving: 81 calories;5.3 g fat;7.6 g carbohydrates;1 g protein;19 mg cholesterol;18 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article