- Prep 20 min
- Total9 hr30 min
Hearty breakfast lovers, rejoice! This loaded casserole combines Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated southern homestyle Buttermilk biscuits with potatoes, sausage, bacon, cheese and eggs so every bite is as filling as it is flavorful. Prep it the night before, and bake the next morning for the whole family to enjoy.
can (16.3 oz) Pillsbury™ Grands!™ refrigerated southern homestyle Buttermilk biscuits
bag (20 oz) refrigerated diced potatoes with onions, chopped
cups frozen precooked pork sausage crumbles (from 9.6-oz package)
slices fully cooked bacon, heated, coarsely chopped (about 2/3 cup)
cup sliced green onions
cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese (8 oz)
teaspoon black pepper
- 1Spray 13×9-inch (3-quart) baking dish with cooking spray. Separate dough into 8 biscuits; cut each biscuit into 8 pieces. Arrange evenly in baking dish.
- 2Top biscuits with potatoes, frozen sausage, bacon, green onions and 1 1/2 cups of the cheese. Set aside.
- 3In large bowl, beat eggs, half-and-half, salt and pepper with whisk until well blended. Pour evenly over biscuit mixture in baking dish. Cover; refrigerate at least 8 hours or overnight.
- 4Heat oven to 350°F.Uncover baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese. Bake 48 to 53 minutes or until center is set and edges are deep golden brown. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Cover and refrigerate leftovers.
- Top each serving with chopped tomatoes and sliced green onions, if desired.
- Serve with salsa or sour cream on the side, if desired.
- Don’t want to wait overnight? You can also bake this hearty casserole right away. Bake at 350°F 40 to 45 minutes or until center is set and edges are a deep golden brown.
More About This Recipe
- Rise and shine! We have plenty of overnight breakfast recipes that will make you want to get out of bed in the morning.
Source: Read Full Article