"A Southwestern quiche with roasted green chile for the crust! Make a bunch the day before for a breakfast/brunch party."
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Spray a pie plate with cooking spray.
- Cut chiles lengthwise into strips. Line strips over the bottom of pie plate to form a crust, placing pointed ends toward the center.
- Beat eggs in a bowl and mix in onions, cream, garlic salt, cumin, and pepper. Fold in Cheddar cheese. Layer tomatoes over the chile 'crust,' and pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake in the preheated oven until quiche is set, 30 to 35 minutes.
- Cook’s Notes:
- Use canned or freshly roasted green chiles.
- A lighter white cheese can also be used.
- Feel free to use half-and-half instead of cream.
- Any additional ingredients should be layered over the chile ‘crust’ before pouring in the egg mixture. Add sausage or fajita leftovers, chopped garlic, cubed avocado, sour cream, crushed chips, cooked/roasted veggies – many variations possible.
Per Serving: 166 calories;11.3 g fat;6.9 g carbohydrates;10.3 g protein;185 mg cholesterol;1180 mg sodium.Full nutrition
Source: Read Full Article